Hello from Matt at MHCLG

Hello, my name is Matt Wood-Hill and I work as a Collaboration Manager in the Local Digital Collaboration Unit within the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. We have been supporting Open Referral UK since 2019, and have been one of the national bodies (along with the NHS, LGA and DCMS) who have provided funding and central support in recent years.

We support local authorities to reduce their dependency on expensive and inflexible legacy technologies, and meet the commitments laid out in the Local Digital Declaration. We do this by funding innovative projects with the potential to impact the sector at scale and developing digital capability in local government. The growing community around the Open Referral UK data standard is a leading example of a project that has taken a collaborative design and development approach to a problem with real-world outcomes in mind.

We’re keen to work with other government departments and local authorities to coordinate our approach to scaling the standard, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Matt

Hi Matt, I’m working on a cutting edge bid which closes on 31st July and for which your support would be invaluable. We are looking to build community resilience by using water smart meter data to connect vulnerable people to first responders. We will be working across community resource organisations to pass client data based on consumer alerts. What might specifically interest you is that we will work with our Civica X housing management system to enable supported or sheltered housing to be alerted as part of their core product. If you are interested in knowing more then please contact me at kelly.gaddes@civica.co.uk thanks alot. Kelly