US and UK Alignment and version control

Hi folks – thanks again to Mike for your leadership on these proposals.

We’re now taking two steps forward on this:

First, we’ve shared these proposals with the Open Data Services Cooperative (the technical stewards of our specifications, among quite a few other standards) and they will review and prepare feedback and recommendations.

Second, we’re going to assemble a Workgroup to receive that feedback – along with any other feedback from stakeholders such as yourselves – and iterate upon these proposals until we have an agreed-upon HSDS 2.1.

I’ve sketched out a proposal for assembling this Workgroup here. For the most part, it reflects the process we’ve used in the past, with some minor updates to this current context. Would welcome any questions or suggestions you might have.

I’d also welcome nominations to the Workgroup! (I’ll note right off the bat on that front, however, that I’m personally committed to try to diversify the voices at this table, as in my experience the level of collective insight is higher and the process is more effective when groups are not homogenous.)

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. We’ll field comments on the workgroup proposal for the next week and aim to finalize and form the group in early May.

Thanks!
greg

2 Likes